BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday 24 February 2011

Out with the New ...In with the Old???

I am going out tomorrow with my friends so of course I am left thinking the usual…. what am I going to wear…… how is the weather looking and so on.
Anyways while going through my usual thought process and my wardrobe it quickly came to my attention just how many second hand/charity shop/ebay goodies I have. I have 5 pairs of boots alone and I had a clear out not so long back so I am sure there was more.
Both myself and my sister, Bobby share a love for recycling. I love that feeling when you find a little gem hidden in amongst piles of bobbly old jumpers. If you look hard enough there is usually something lovely just waiting to be found and loved once more.   
I always wonder……what life did this item have before me? Who walked in these shoes?
In fact Bobby (my sister) called my today to ask “if you saw something that was second hand and was totally unique but a bit pricey would you buy it?”  
She was shopping in Harrogate  and had come across a little green jacket from a second hand boutique. My answer was simply “Yes” Followed by why I would buy it. This is mainly because I can talk for England but also because I like to justify my purchases. “You are getting a piece of history which has stood the test of time and still looks great today, so will most definitely be an investment.
If you are trying to save money I am really not a good person to go shopping with!!!
My boots taken inside my grandad's old suit case.


0 comments:

Post a Comment